广同社区高级通行证 天朗
7/24/2003 1:52:00 PM (#3512)
点击统计:139679 责任编辑:白饭
7/24/2003 10:00:00 PM (#28671)
高级通行证 天朗

级别:31
来自:(广东) 广州
诞生:8/21/2003
My BF and I are both on summer holiday. We seldom meet each other during the holiday.Because we are both at home. I really cannot think out any good ideas for our parktalk.
7/24/2003 10:05:00 PM (#28684)
凡人 该角色已不存在
don't worry!  keep trying!!! so far, you are good!!
7/25/2003 10:07:00 AM (#29534)
小巴尔 该角色已不存在
(引用回贴#28671)天朗:
My BF and I are both on summer holiday. We seldom meet each other during the holiday.Because we are both at home. I really cannot think out any good ideas for our parktalk.

Summer holiday?  you mean Winter?  Aus is in winter now ya know...or that's only your bf
N e way...unless i know that the place i am going to WILL and MUST have a pool table...i rather stay home...i am a pool boy ya know oh and pool as in snooker *grin*

7/25/2003 10:36:00 AM (#29558)
谜之天使 该角色已不存在
(引用回贴#28540)Aten:
wow~~~dear the dark angel, my mate, thx a lot. I am learning the ab. and the lazy words in AU. When will u come here, Sydney's a nice city too................................
Ciao mate!

Dark angel???
i am not that evil am i??
*check to see is he black winged or white winged...*
i might take a vist to that place during christmas since i am going back there during that time of the year...still a month of sundays but i am pretty sure the time will arrive before i realise it
7/25/2003 10:56:00 AM (#29572)
高级通行证 天朗

To LITTLE BAR:
No. I mean the holiday in china, not in AU.
You are a pool boy , what's pool boy ?
7/25/2003 11:03:00 AM (#29579)
小巴尔 该角色已不存在
snooker.....

7/25/2003 11:13:00 AM (#29586)
冬眠状态通行证 darrenking

级别:36
(引用回贴#29534)小巴尔:

Summer holiday?  you mean Winter?  Aus is in winter

u don`t have to say so. coz u know  who u  r talking to and where he is.it made me feel uneasy.
7/25/2003 12:01:00 PM (#29625)
Aten 该角色已不存在

A Good Reading to You Guys
--------
Lesbian and Gay Rights

The struggle of LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered) people for full equality is one of this generation's most important and galvanizing civil rights movements. Despite the many advances that have been made, however, LGBT people continue to face discrimination in many areas of life. No federal law prevents a person from being fired or refused a job on the basis of sexual orientation. The nation's largest employer? the U.S. military? openly discriminates against gays and lesbians. Mothers and fathers still lose child custody simply because they are gay or lesbian. And gay people are still denied the right to marry in all states.

The ACLU has actively supported the struggle for lesbian and gay civil rights since the 1960s and in 1986, it established its national Lesbian and Gay Rights Project. Working in close coordination with the ACLU's affiliates nationwide, the Project coordinates an extensive legal program and conducts a broad range of public policy and public education activities. The Project targets five areas for its litigation, lobbying, and public education activities: discrimination; family and relationships, including marriage; lesbian and gay teens and young adults; laws which criminalize sexual intimacy; and expression and association.

Discrimination based on sexual orientation still permeates many areas of American life. Businesses openly fire LGBT employees, and every year, lesbians and gay men are denied jobs and access to housing, hotels and other public accommodations. Many more are forced to hide their lives, deny their families and lie about their loved ones just to get by. The ACLU fights anti-gay discrimination on many fronts, and actively supports the passage of the federal Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), which would bar discrimination in the workplace.

For lesbians and gay man, just as for everyone else, issues of family and intimate relationships are profoundly important. These include parenting, custody, and adoption rights, as well as the recognition of relationships, including marriage and domestic partnership. The Lesbian and Gay Rights Project represents people who have been separated from their children because they are lesbian or gay, and gay men and lesbians who either want to be legally recognized as co-parents or want to adopt. Since the 1970s, the ACLU has supported the right of lesbians and gay men to marry and more recently has vigorously opposed state and federal laws aimed at preventing lesbians and gay men from marrying. The Project has also written and negotiated policies that recognize domestic partnerships, and brought cases designed to gain recognition for lesbian and gay families

Young LGBT people face a set of special legal problems. Nothing is more important than making schools safe and welcoming places for gay and lesbian youth, who often face tremendous hostility from their family and community. This means protecting students from violence, guaranteeing their right to organize events and clubs like other students, and making sure that gay teachers who might serve as healthy role models are not themselves victimized by harassment and discrimination. The Project has initiated an innovative "Making Schools Safe" program -- a model training workshop designed for organizations interested in promoting school safety to help them work with educators to combat anti-gay harassment in local schools. The program is intended to be a resource that local groups can offer to school districts to help them stem harassment early -- before they wind up facing litigation.

Approximately 20 states still have laws which criminalize some forms of private sexual intimacy, some only between members of the same sex. These laws
7/25/2003 12:06:00 PM (#29631)
冬眠状态通行证 燃亮我

级别:50
oh!my god!
so long!
faint!
7/25/2003 12:19:00 PM (#29649)
LastTeenager 该角色已不存在
'No federal law prevents a person from being fired or refused a job on the basis of sexual orientation. '?

is it still true in today's american constitution or other laws about discrimination? i heard of several lawsuits on such cases and it would be quite astonishing if the american laws still lack protection for gays and lesbians from discrimination.
7/25/2003 12:21:00 PM (#29655)
Aten 该角色已不存在
Not really mate, it's significative of lesbian & gay. right? Come on~~ read it with patience~~~ remember~~~ have patience!

Anyway, I have one interesting text on the net to u guys. enjoy it! Ready all ~~~~~~~ ACTION! CLICK THE WEB ADDRESS BELOW:

http://test3.thespark.com/gaytest/            

7/25/2003 12:58:00 PM (#29717)
冬眠状态通行证 鱼蛋狗

级别:42
来自:(澳大利亚) 悉尼
诞生:11/6/2003
According to the Gay Test...
You are 67% GAY!

The typical gay-man is only 53% gay!
Here's how you compare:

people less gay than you (69%)  
people just as gay as you (2%)  
people gayer than you (27%)  

Based on the 554,444 submissions before you.

oh~man.......Thats......unbelievably!!!
I done this text b4, but i got 46% at that time~
wowo~I thing I need some transform to my gay mind....
7/25/2003 1:10:00 PM (#29741)
凡人 该角色已不存在
"Frank, we need to talk. NOW."  
You are only 49% GAY!
The typical gay-man is 53% gay!

don't know what to do now!!
should i be happy or be sad?????
anyway thanks for let me know that test!!
7/25/2003 1:37:00 PM (#29779)
小巴尔 该角色已不存在
60 percent gay
but i have taken that test before...
someone told me the site aaages ago
its sorta fun actually..
i think...

7/25/2003 2:05:00 PM (#29823)
谜之天使 该角色已不存在
(引用回贴#29649)LastTeenager:
'No federal law prevents a person from being fired or refused a job on the basis of sexual orientation. '?

is it still true in today's american constitution or other laws about discrimination? i heard of several lawsuits on such cases and it would be quite astonishing if the american laws still lack protection for gays and lesbians from discrimination.

ok, of what you stated, i have check with several friends of mine who study in laws, the fact is not that there is NO laws to protect homosexual from being discriminated in work place or in any educational institution such as schools, and there is NO specific law to protect homosexual from such harming by people since the basic discrimination law already included protection to homosexual group...HOWEVER, discrimination is a crime that require objective evidence which is pretty hard to obtain since its classify as mentally harm and its impact is very hard to calculate, there are several famous cases related to mentally damage suggesting that such cases requires a very obvious evidence to support which is very hard to obtain
So the conclusion is that NOT because such cases like these have no protection by law but however the evidence are hard to obtain and also very hard to base arguements on them...
7/25/2003 2:27:00 PM (#29866)
无效通行证 samael

级别:64
the movie《Philadelphia》…………
7/25/2003 2:37:00 PM (#29887)
中大小子 该角色已不存在

Each of you speaks English. My English is very poor!
7/25/2003 2:44:00 PM (#29904)
Aten 该角色已不存在
hei the guy above, this's English Corner, so u know...eh...speak En. pls...
7/25/2003 2:49:00 PM (#29920)
Aten 该角色已不存在
(引用回贴#29823)谜之天使:
(引用回贴#29649)LastTeenager:

ok, of what you stated, i have check with several friends of mine who study in laws, the fact is not that there is NO laws to protect homosexual from being discriminated in work place or in any educational institution such as schools, and there is NO specific law to protect homosexual from such harming by people since the basic discrimination law already included protection to homosexual group...HOWEVER, discrimination is a crime that require objective evidence which is pretty hard to obtain since its classify as mentally harm and its impact is very hard to calculate, there are several famous cases related to mentally damage suggesting that such cases requires a very obvious evidence to support which is very hard to obtain
So the conclusion is that NOT because such cases like these have no protection by law but however the evidence are hard to obtain and also very hard to base arguements on them...

Great, the angel, U do the excellent! So... give u a flower...flower...lol......
7/25/2003 2:49:00 PM (#29922)
凡人 该角色已不存在
(引用回贴#29887)中大小子:
你们不用个个都用英语说,我英语很差的!

it is unbelievable!!
are you turly from ZSU????
what we said here should be very easy to be understand!
specially if you are a college kid!
7/25/2003 2:52:00 PM (#29925)
冬眠状态通行证 鱼蛋狗

yep~NO Chinese~NO animal language~NO multiply words~
JUST English!!!
BTY~my homestay got two new members today~
But that's sad.......two Korean....and both of them just over 12 years old; and cann't speak English anymore~
but......looks so Q....
7/25/2003 2:57:00 PM (#29931)
中大小子 该角色已不存在
I'm in Sun Ye-sen University,not in Zhong Shan Uinversity.Do u understand, my kid.
7/25/2003 3:00:00 PM (#29933)
高级通行证 天朗

You are 58% GAY!

The typical gay-man is only 53% gay!
Here's how you compare:

people less gay than you (43%)  
people just as gay as you (3%)  
people gayer than you (53%)  

Based on the 554,499 submissions before you.
7/25/2003 3:09:00 PM (#29955)
高级通行证 天朗

Any way, there're some new words in the gay test, so, I don't know some qusetions clearly......
7/25/2003 3:10:00 PM (#29957)
凡人 该角色已不存在
(引用回贴#29931)中大小子:
I'm in Sun Ye-sen University,not in Zhong Shan Uinversity.Do u understand, my kid.

kid, they are both the same!!
even your school website named ZSU.EDU
so what?
7/25/2003 3:13:00 PM (#29960)
无效通行证 samael

级别:64
a long text
so ………………
7/25/2003 3:13:00 PM (#29961)
高级通行证 天朗

[note]I have translated what BOY IN ZSU said into English.

[warning]No Chinese or any other languages here !
7/25/2003 6:38:00 PM (#30178)
小巴尔 该角色已不存在
(引用回贴#29887)中大小子:

Each of you speaks English. My English is very poor!

it is not the matter that your english is poor or not...the main point is to join in and have a go, and that's why this room exist
  you need to know no one on earth born to know english as good as the Queen of England
7/25/2003 7:01:00 PM (#30199)
小巴尔 该角色已不存在
ok...thanks aten for the quiz
however i realise that some of you have problems understand the question...so in order to help you guys get an accurate score....i will list some of the words which you guys might have problems understand with...

I'm straight & male = straight means people who
                                  attracted to the OPPOSITE sex
                                  (boys like girls) etc

How old were you when you "came out?"
= "came out" meaning telling family/friends about the fact you are gay/les

Would you date a guy who was still in the closet?
  = "in the closet" meaning people who are gay but
haven't telling anyone yet

How often do you work out?
  = "work out" meaning going to gym

Did you join either just to check out the guys?
  = "check out" meaning to look at

Has a girl ever made a pass at you?
  = "pass" meaning giving someone you like a sign to  let them know you like them
( "electric eye" them etc )

Have you ever kissed one, If so, was there tongue involved
  = tongue as in french kiss

Are most your favorite nightspots "gay?"
  = "nightspots" are places you like to go with friends/by yourself at night

Do you ever go out just to hook up?
  = "hook up" meaning to get to know a stranger or someone you not so known about and for later on activities (be friends with them or just 419)

drag queen = man who dress like a woman

with the information i provided i hope you guys will get a more accurate score

7/25/2003 8:01:00 PM (#30247)
LastTeenager 该角色已不存在
oic. it reminds me of a lawsuit in the famous tv drama ally mcbeal in which someone is permitted by court to give a speech including some insulting words against short people.

on one hand, we struggle to eliminate discrimination from social life in order to make sure that everyone has his/her equal chance. on the other hand, we should never forget that the freedom of thinking and speech is under no circumstance less important than fair play. we can ask for equal rights but we shouldn't ask everyone in the society to think the same way. it's another kind, perhaps more harmful kind of injustice.

as in the american laws we mentioned, the risk of harm to the freedom of thinking, speech, press and so on may have been taken in consideration. as a result, sufficient evidence as you said must be collected to prove someone guilty. i do think it is acceptable when we still don't know how to eliminate discrimination by law at the same time people's liberty would not be sacrificed.
7/25/2003 10:33:00 PM (#30339)
小巴尔 该角色已不存在
  Well done pal...  but between the freedom of speech and discrimination there's a gap, and the gap is huge, the meaning of speech enables people to speak in their will but however it is also at the same time under the striction of not to cause any form of harm to any audience or person that your statement is targeting at, just like news reports or magazine topics, remember...the existence of laws is to protect people who are bound by them, but not to use as an excuse to causing any harm or chaos to the society or any person who is in it.

7/25/2003 10:54:00 PM (#30357)
中大小子 该角色已不存在
Sun Yat-sen University
Guangzhou, P.R. China Postal
Code: 510275
Telphone Operator: (86-20)-84186300
Fax: (86-20)-84189173

7/25/2003 11:01:00 PM (#30363)
LastTeenager 该角色已不存在
still, i don't think the gap is huge. in some cases, we can not even draw a line, not to mention a gap.

i agree your views on the functions of law. however, the frequently used phrase 'not to do harm' is far from a text of law which has to be absolutely precise and clear. every member in the society has got power in hand, big or little. their thought always plays a king role when they make decisions about how to use their power, for example who to hire, who not to hire. we just cannot, at least not in most cases, tell people to think, to speak in their own way, even if discriminative way, but not to act in that way. it's simply not practical.
7/25/2003 11:07:00 PM (#30373)
LastTeenager 该角色已不存在
excuse me. as i was told by the chairman of the students' committee of Lingnan College, the use of this name Sun Yat-Sen University is newly decided, isn't it?
7/26/2003 11:50:00 AM (#30782)
小巴尔 该角色已不存在
  hmm...well to most cases, i believe that you can identify discriminative messages or ideas from a speech of ones own will
  and to the laws of discrimination, it is stated similar to

"Message(s)/Action(s) which is/are stated/performed  to any direct or non-direct audience(s) who has/have direct or non direct relationship with the issue(s)/topic(s)/idea(s)/action(s) are bound by the laws of discrimination.  Message(s) stated in verbal, non-verbal in either public or private as well as action performed which targeting one audience or more audiences should not cause any forms of unwell physically as well as mentally to one or more audience(s)....."

The meaning of word "Harm" is any form of both physical and/or mental damage(s) to oneself which only the person who suffers from it knows, i can't tell how much harm i cause to you if i do something bad or say something bad to you, only you can tell me how much you suffer from it...
  So in the court such cases the person who suffer from discrimination needs to argue that how much damage i receive by his action but not how much damage the other person have caused...you understand what i mean...it is hard to argue how much damage you have caused than how much damage i received from it because it is very hard to judge how much damage ones can cause of his statement/action of discrimination but i CAN tell you because of what he did...what sort of damage(s) i suffer and that can be calculate
  I will give you a Case as an example:

Mr A & Mr B are both workers in a work place
  After Mr A realise that Mr B is gay, every day he swear and him and tease him and say bad things to him which cause Mr B to suffer from a mental illness...
  when in Court, the lawer of Mr B will find himself hard to fight the case if his statement are all base on the word "will"

"Mr A will cause mental illness of what he did to Mr B"

because the word "will" is a future tense and god knows what will happen in the future...so such word becomes uncreditable in court...but the illness of Mr B can be seen and its already happened...so his lawer would say this instead...

"Mr B suffered this mental illness because of what he did"

The statement is in past tense and therefore already happened and become a fact which would be more easiler to argue with...

i hope this would answer your question...
7/27/2003 7:28:00 PM (#32168)
凡人 该角色已不存在
well, i am wondering why no one come to talk in english anymore. one reason i figure out is that we have set a real big topic. some of the speach are realy long, even i don't finish reading it. so i propose that we should write things short!!!
and if this corner is good and we think we should keep it here, than everybody, please just come and say something! but in short !!
7/27/2003 8:06:00 PM (#32206)
冬眠状态通行证 燃亮我

级别:50
Yes,I also think the topics here are very deep and boring(sorry to say so).And most guys here don't like English,they prefer cantonese.Could anybody set a interesting topic?
7/27/2003 8:14:00 PM (#32212)
冬眠状态通行证 鱼蛋狗

Oka guys~
When u speaking and writing English, do the consciousness fall into Chinese or English in ur mind?
7/27/2003 8:16:00 PM (#32213)
凡人 该角色已不存在
english!
when i was in college i start to think in english, which helps me a lot in learning it !!!
7/28/2003 9:48:00 AM (#32749)
谜之天使 该角色已不存在
same here actually...basically i should say i transferr english into chinese in my head before i talk to an asian...  sounds weird but this is just me...
and thinking in english somehow suit me better when i am thinking of an important or meaningful topic
7/28/2003 11:19:00 PM (#33392)
凡人 该角色已不存在
why??
seems the corner have been forgotten!!!

come on! boys!
let's do something!!!
7/28/2003 11:28:00 PM (#33421)
LastTeenager 该角色已不存在
a good topic should basically be controversial so that we've got enought words and opinions. shall we use the topics from the argument part of GRE writing? hoho^-^
7/28/2003 11:48:00 PM (#33464)
凡人 该角色已不存在
(引用回贴#33421)LastTeenager:
a good topic should basically be controversial so that we've got enought words and opinions. shall we use the topics from the argument part of GRE writing? hoho^-^

you name one!!
if interesting, we go on!!
if not, .....................
we say nothing!!
7/28/2003 11:55:00 PM (#33480)
LastTeenager 该角色已不存在
correction: it should be the Issue part, not the Argument. the latter one doesn't suit our discussion here.

two examples:
55"We can usually learn much more from people whose views we share than from people whose views contradict our own; disagreement can cause stress and inhibit learning."

107"Instant communication systems encourage people to form hasty opinions and give quick replies rather than take the time to develop thoughtful, well-reasoned points of view."
7/28/2003 11:59:00 PM (#33484)
scott 该角色已不存在
107 is a good one!!
can not wait to hear your answer!!!
7/29/2003 12:29:00 AM (#33525)
LastTeenager 该角色已不存在
(引用回贴#33484)scott:
107 is a good one!!
can not wait to hear your answer!!!

you wanna hear mine? hehe, i would rather 'take the time to develop thoughtful, well-reasoned points of view'. have patience...
7/29/2003 11:43:00 AM (#33764)
谜之天使 该角色已不存在
i like both of them actually....
i will start writing my "essay" now, hope that you guys will suggest some intersting point of view...
and plz...i think rather than writing a 1000 word essay which some of us might have did before...
just make it few lines so that it will be short, easy to read and at the same time point out your point of view on the topic....
and anything unrelated to the topic...keep them somewhere else plz...
8/13/2003 4:18:00 PM (#48890)
冬眠状态通行证 鱼蛋狗

long long long time havn't meet the topic here.....
come on ~everybody chuanging ur typing to English and joinin us
8/13/2003 7:12:00 PM (#49143)
小巴尔 该角色已不存在
i don't think it is possible dog dog.....most guys prefer to seak in chinese rather than in english....we are sorta an exception you know....

8/13/2003 7:36:00 PM (#49159)
Francis86 该角色已不存在

Hey~~~~i think this should change in to a chat room~~~~it's too messy here, isn't it~~~

by the way~~~~~ATEN~~~~isn't it a name of a sun king? from Egypt~~~~ain't it?